When clients come by Audio Designs & Custom Graphics, the topic of vinyl wraps will often come up. Many times, people don’t realize all of the benefits of having your vehicle wrapped versus painted. Let’s compare the differences between getting a custom paint job and a vehicle wrap.
Benefits Of Custom Paint
- Depth of the finish. A great paint job can give you a finish that looks several feet deep.
- Variety. You can create a wide range of finishes and illusions with paint, such as ghost flames, layered colors and more.
- Permanence. Paint is a permanent solution that, if cared for properly, can last for decades.
Drawbacks Of Custom Paint
- Cost. Paint can be very expensive. A topnotch, custom paint job can run well over $10,000 and, If you need the paint repaired, it is very time-consuming and inconvenient.
- Damage. The paint can get large chips or scratches that require major work to fix and, in severe cases, a complete redo of the paint job.
- Complexity. Painting is a difficult and lengthy process.
- Quality. If your vehicle is painted by someone who promises the world, but can’t deliver, you end up with paint runs, drips, “orange peel“ and even clear-coat chipping.
Benefits Of Vinyl Wraps
- Variety. You can have a wide range of finishes, from chrome to metallic, satin and matte, and you can easily change colors as often as you like. You also can create textures, embossing and two-tone effects that would be impossible with a paint job.
- Durability. It is very scratch- and chip-resistant.
- Quality. A wrap protects the original paint underneath the wrap.
- Repairs. A wrap is easily repaired if damaged. You simply have us re-wrap that part of the vehicle with no worry about color matching, orange peel, etc.
- Convenience. If you want to change the color of a wrap, it takes only a few day process to remove the old one and re-wrap your vehicle. You can completely change the look in a matter of days, not weeks.
- Cost. This is probably the single biggest benefit of vinyl wraps. The cost of having your vehicle wrapped is very reasonable and, if you get tired of the color after a period of time, you simply have it removed to go back to your stock color.
Drawbacks Of Vinyl Wraps
- Lack of depth. It will never look like a high-end paint job – it can’t have that depth of finish that only paint can provide. But for most of us, that several thousand dollars just saved can be spent on customizing other areas, so it is a win-win for you.
If you would like to explore having your vehicle wrapped, we invite you to stop by Audio Designs & Custom Graphics. Our award-winning team will work one on one with you to design and install a wrap that will truly set you apart from the crowd.
You can also contact us here for more information about any of our products and services.